Today was a day that I was taken completely off guard! Rob at Food Allergy Dad blog nominated me for a blogging award, called the Mystery Blogger Award. The Mystery Blogger Award is:
“An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts.
Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates.
They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they can get.
This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging,
and they do it with so much love and passion.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and put a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Nominate up to 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me:
- I have a strange aversion to wooden spoons and the pages of cheap paperback books.
- I lived in England for a semester in college and even lived in a real castle while going to school there. This began my love for all things European (especially British).
- I am a follower of Jesus Christ. I am a hot mess to whom He showed mercy and grace. All I do is for His glory!
Below are the blogs I would like to nominate~
Lisa Curry has created a blog that should be required reading for anyone diagnosed with the rare disorder, Sarcoidosis. This blog is real and raw and jam packed with what a person needs to know after diagnosis. Plus, I love her selection of vegan recipes. Food is medicine!
Sip Life Slowly–http://siplifeslowly.com
Angela blogs about life, her faith and how to value what really matters. Check out Angela’s blog to have your heart filled with grace and encouragement!
My Meena Life–Life and Travel with Chronic Illness–http://mymeenalife.com
You won’t be sorry you stopped by Meena’s blog! It has a few of the things I love most in life: Realness about tough stuff, travel and breath-taking photography! Every post is a blessing!
Important life lessons are broken down into nuggets, easy to swallow. I especially liked the posts on pregnancy loss, since I have lost a few of my own. With titles like, “Kindness Matters,” “Decide to be Fearless” and “Learning to Love Unconditionally,” what’s not to love?!
Sunshine and Spoons–http://sunshineandspoons.com
This blog is packed with a variety of goodies! Blogger Hannah is a chronically ill mom with chronically ill kids. A few of my favorite posts that she has done are called “What is it Like to be a Special Needs Mom with Special Needs Kids” and “30 Random Acts of Kindness to do With Your Kids.” That is not all! There are recipes, organizing tips, guest blogs, money saving ideas and spotlights on rare disorders.
Now, time for me to answer Rob’s Questions:)
- Q. If they made a movie of your life, who would play you? A. Probably a Minion.
- Q. You woke up this morning with the power to control one of the 4 classic elements (water, fire, air and earth). Which one is it? A. If I got to pick,it would be air, and then I would create a giant air filter for the universe, and there would be no more air born allergies.
- Q. What is your favorite part of each of the four seasons? A. Spring–flowering trees, summer–it not being winter, fall–the trees changing colors, winter–when it is over…
- Q. Marvel or DC? A. Marvel!
- Q. What song or artist is at the top of your playlist? A. I never get sick of Oceans by Hillsong United.
NOW HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST STRENGTH AND YOUR GREATEST WEAKNESS?
- IF YOU COULD BE ANY AGE FOR A WEEK, WHAT WOULD YOU BE?
- WHAT IS THE STRANGEST THING YOU HAVE EVER EATEN?
- WHAT BRINGS YOU JOY?
- IF YOU COULD JUMP INTO A BOOK AND LIVE THERE, WHAT BOOK WOULD IT BE?
The final requirement for the award is to pick my favorite blog post. https://better-together.co/when-food-is-the-enemy/ This is a hard one, because each post I write is like my kid, and how do you pick your favorite kid?!?!
Thank you so much to Rob at http://foodallergydad.wordpress.com/. PLEASE stop by and read his posts. He thinks outside the box with food. He is a resource and an encouragement for families with food allergies or those who have food intolerances. He created safe chicken nuggets, introduced me to Aquafaba and he has a recipe for Sunbutter Cups I can’t wait to try! And he is so FUNNY! You will have a blast at Food Allergy Dad, and you might learn something too! 🙂